- [2:48] Who This Workshop is For
- [3:55] The Goal of This Workshop
- [6:30] Workshop Curriculum
- [9:41] Day 1: Meaning & Performance
- [10:41] The Meaning of the ”Meaning”.
- [13:41] Connection Between Experiences
- [15:25] Human Sensations
- [17:20] Hearing & Speech
- [19:16] Sight
- [22:03] Spanish Telenovela Video (example)
- [27:49] Students’ Comments on the Video
- [28:17] Filtering out Meaningful Sensations
- [29:41] What is Emotion and Why is it important for language learning?
- [31:51] How to Learn and Express Meaning
- [33:32] Process of Learning
- [35:56] What Does it Mean To Be a Mimic?
- [41:46] How do you Start Learning When You Don’t know Anything?
- [49:55] Perfectionism vs. Experiencing Words
- [1:07:30] Comments & Questions
- [1:55] Who This Workshop is For
- [2:51] The Goal of This Workshop
- [4:26] Practical Problems of Conversation
- [9:35] Where to Find Conversational Partners
- [12:47] Conversation Practice Networks
- [18:00] CPN Example
- [20:18] Student’s Experience
- [21:40] Ways to Learn Spanish
- [24:20] Websites for Learning Spanish
- [28:21] Searching for Meetups
- [29:51] What Value Can You Provide to Conversational Partners
- [36:24] What is Charisma
- [38:39] Basics of Charisma
- [42:55] Types of Charisma
- [48:23] Making a Good First Impression
- [58:35] Active Listening
- [1:02:24] Question & Answer
- [1:28] Introduction to Day 3 Workshop
- [2:16] The Goal of This Workshop
- [3:39] Day 1 Review
- [5:36] Day 2 Review
- [8:19] Day 3 Topics
- [9:45] What is a Micro-Script?
- [11:37] The Positive Feedback Cycle
- [15:41] Getting Past Small Talk
- [22:26] Helpful Worksheet for Better Introduction
- [28:43] Exercise – Sharing Your Values
- [37:15] How to Build Your Micro-Script
- [45:30] Increasing Your Resourcefulness
- [53:04] Expanding Your Domain
- [1:00:40] Further Examples & Tips
- [2:30] The Conventional Approach
- [6:00] The Origin of Words
- [10:16] Review of Previous Workshops
- [13:42] “The Shift”
- [17:40] Conclusion
- [19:32] How to Improve Your Speech
- [21:20] Exercise – Spanish Speaking
- [27:35] Which Errors You Should Focus on First?
- [28:43] Common Spanish Errors
- [33:18] 3 Categories of Being ”Off” in Conversation
- [36:57] Two Only Questions You Need
- [47:48] Situational Training
- [51:11] The Process (continued)
- [56:10] Conclusion
- [59:40] Review
- [01:56] The Goal of this Workshop
- [02:24] Curriculum & Review of Previous Workshops
- [15:15] What if something goes wrong during conversation?
- [21:13] Tips for phone conversations in foreign languages
- [26:43] Meaningful Language-Learning Milestones
- [40:57] Tips for Future Planning/Goal Setting
- [47:24] StickK – Put your money where your mouth is
- [57:55] Closing statement
Give the obstacle a memorable name
Describe the setup
Describe the sequence of events that occur in this situation, as plainly and succinctly as you can
Describe what you wanted to happen, what you want to happen next time the situation occurs, and why what happened instead was frustrating for you.
Speculate a bit as to why you think this is happening, and what might be a possible direction for solutions.
You can post techniques as either text or screencast video. Do NOT post any techniques you haven't tried yourself.
Give the technique a memorable name
Describe the setup where this technique might be relevant.
Describe how to apply this technique
Tell a story of your successful application of this technique.
Speculate a bit as to why you think this technique works, and what might be a possible direction for further developing the technique.
What was the name of the specific problem you were trying to solve? (link to original post)
What was the name of the technique you tried out? (link to original post)
Give us the setup, and tell us what happened
Tell us how you feel about this technique, and whether you plan to use it again, or recommend other people use it.
Speculate a bit as to why you think this technique works or didn't work, and what might be a possible direction for further developing the technique.
- Plan a conversation and set goals for it
- Prepare for conversation (Scripts, Story Stax)
- Enter the conversation and take screenshot or photo
- Focus primarily on achieving goal(s)
- Fill out a Game Report and post to the #apply channel
-Goals not achieved:
-What happened in conversation
- What happened in my head
-New ways of expressing
- What went well
- What can be improved
- What I might focus on moving forward